Help Us Help You | KevinRoot Medical

Help Us Help You

• During my career as a practicing podiatrist, I approached my patients with the thought that all the information I needed to make an accurate diagnosis and formulate an effective treatment plan was right there in front of me. The answers were not always readily apparent, all I needed was to keep looking and eventually they would reveal themselves. As I gained experience, the process became easier, and as the athletes like to say, “The game slowed down”.

My second career as a consultant with KevinRoot Medical poses new challenges in this game. I am now in the position of a coach rather than a player. I am not a participant in the treatment of patients firsthand, and therefore it is more difficult to make accurate assessments and devise what orthotic treatment is going to be best based on secondhand knowledge. When a case is referred to me by one of the client reps, I usually get the order form and any other information that was submitted with the scans. They will also give me a brief summary of what I need to address with the client. Missing information makes the process more difficult. When requesting further assistance from the lab please include if possible:

• Description of the problem, include photos and drawings

• Primary and secondary diagnosis

• Pertinent previous treatment, successful and unsuccessful

• Activities and shoes to be used with the orthoses

• Any pertinent information not included on the original order form (anatomical variants/deformities, limited ROM or muscle weakness

• Pain level

• Previous orthotic history

Our goal at KevinRoot Medical is successful outcomes and happy patients. Let us know how we are doing!